Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Fall Down" by Toad the Wet Sprocket

This next installation is another cover song -- and it's a request! I've been trying to alternate original material with cover material, but really--so much of my creative energy is devoted to writing that I have little left for music. And, I'm really terribly bored playing the old material, some which is recently old, some of which is ancient old, and so my drive to drop in originals is waning.

So, lyrics to "Fall Down" by Toad the Wet Sprocket, my second Toad cover. As far as I can tell it's like the vast majority of their other songs--not too complicated and rather catchy. Per my usual way I took some creative liberties with it but maintained what I think is still the meat of it. The ending I blame on the red I was drinking at the time. I didn't really see the volume coming, and then poof! it was there, and I went with it.

I think the Toad has a new album out or soon coming out? I'd be curious to see what they're up to after like ... 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment